New Products and Ecosystem Collaborations Will Help the Industry Modernize Today's Networks and Build the Foundation for 5G
- América Móvil*, a leading mobile network operator in Latin America, recently selected Intel to be a technology consultant in an effort to evolve its networks to be more flexible, efficient and scalable. Intel will provide support and expertise to América Móvil as it modernizes its infrastructure to accelerate the launch of new services, automate its processes and reduce its network operation costs in Latin America and Europe.
- New offerings in the Intel® Xeon® processor D-1500 product family provide a foundation for extending intelligence from the network core to the edge for improved performance and lower latency. The eight new processors offer high-performance, low-power and twice the maximum memory of previous generations in an integrated system-on-chip, making them well-suited for various networking, cloud storage, enterprise storage and IoT applications that operate in dense, rugged environments. More than 50 networking, cloud storage, enterprise storage and IoT system designs using the Intel Xeon processor D-1500 product family are in development.
- The new Intel® Ethernet Multi-host Controller FM10000 Family combines proven Ethernet technology with advanced switch resources for use in high-performance communications network applications and dense server platforms. With up to 200 Gbps of high-bandwidth multi-host connectivity and multiple 100 Gigabit Ethernet ports, it delivers exceptional packet processing capability and significantly reduces performance bottlenecks in moving network traffic within and between servers.
- The new Intel® Ethernet Controller X550 family is a low-power, cost-effective 10 Gigabit Ethernet connectivity solution that can offer a performance boost to data center servers and network appliances.
- Intel is actively driving a networking ecosystem and has grown the Intel® Network Builders program to more than 180 companies. In August, Intel introduced the Intel® Network Builders Fast Track to increase the pace of innovation in the networking ecosystem by optimizing hardware and software solutions, supporting technology integration within the ecosystem and driving interoperable solutions.
- Red Hat* is the first ISV to actively contribute to all key focus areas of the Intel Network Builders Fast Track. Red Hat brings strong expertise in commercializing open source technologies and has a long-standing collaboration with Intel to deliver standards-based solutions to the telecommunications industry. Through the expanded collaboration, the two companies will work together on optimizations to deliver carrier-grade solutions based on Red Hat software and Intel technology, jointly develop solution blueprints for communications networking use cases, and perform interoperability testing of their platforms with other ecosystem solutions.